A high impact, 6-day training, blending self-directed distance learning with live and participatory skills training, designed for healthcare professionals seeking to expand their sexual medicine and counselling practices and for psychotherapists to increase their understanding of the medical foundations, and is open to qualified individual counsellors, psychotherapists and other mental health professionals. Couples therapists may particularly benefit from the programme.
- Offers an understanding of psychosexual issues related to
anatomy and physiology, endocrinology, mental
health issues, psychopharmacology, culture,
diversity, neuroscience in relation to gender and
sexual orientation, organic and non-organic sexual
dysfunctions and relational aspects.
- Provides participants with an integrated framework combining the psychosocial and cultural aspects of sex therapy with the physiological underpinnings of sexual medicine in managing a wide variety of sexual concerns.
- Curriculum designed to prepare established professionals in applying a multidisciplinary approach to the knowledge and understanding of sexual function, identity, and expression.
- Explores ways of effectively collaborating with medical professionals to coordinate and identify strategies, undertake assessments, become familiar with protocols, and to allow for onward referral as appropriate.
- Course participants will be provided with an extensive course manual comprising preparatory material, journal articles, power point presentations and resource guides. The in-class teaching seminars offer opportunities for skills practice, case studies and live supervision.
Upon successful completion, course participants receive the Postgraduate Certificate in Clinical Sexology awarded by the London Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy and the NAOS Institute and further approved by NCP, the National Council for Psychotherapy and COSRT, the College for Sexual and Relationship Therapists.
Course Fees: £1390.00 payable in 2 instalments, one upon acceptance into the programme, £695.00, and the second before the first day of the course. Please submit your application via the NAOS web site.
The course is a collaboration between the London Diploma in Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy and the Naos-Institute (www.naos-institute.com)
For additional details see NAOS Institute website
If you have further questions please email:
Bernd Leygraf on +44 (0) 7414 681553